Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Refresh"?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It's unclear what the refresh interval means. Is it:
- how often does Vanilla update the list of who's online
- or for what period of time since the user's last action are they considered online?
How does this work? Is it based up on period since last action, or users logged in?

Comments

• Sorry for the confusion, they are pretty much one and the same. At every x seconds the plugin will report the user as being online and then also update the list.

For example:
    Calls method to register user as being online and get new list
    Wait x seconds
    repeat.

However if the user goes off line they will still be visible on the list until the next update, so x seconds for each user. As only then will the new list be fetched.

Hope that helps your understanding, i will clear it up in the plugin shortly.
  • So what determines whether a user is online?

Is it when they are signed in? Or are you able to tell that they have a web page currently open (if so, how? does the page call back to the server every n seconds?)
  • bump for last post
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It assumes they are online for X minutes after their last page view. You set that timeframe in the options.
  • edited December 2011

Plugin shows users which are not online. How to fix it? Seems base not updated correctly.
    I am using version with thumbnail picture option

• 422422 Developer MVP

@zhanat i am opening support now for you. Give me ten minutes.

There was an error rendering this rich post.