Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Forum 2 Turn on SEO URL's

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,

I've just put installed a fresh version on Vanilla Forums. The site works fine which is great! After turning on the SEO friendly Url's by amending the config $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE; the urls have changed but they don't work!

Vanilla didn't install a .htaccess and is wasn't included in the zip either. So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have one? And if so what should it contain? I've found various examples within the forums, but then the AJAX login popup doesn't work.

Thanks in advance Guys!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Maybe it's hidden from view, try show all files. Vanilla does include .htaccess in the package.
  • How do I do that on a mac? I can see other .htaccess files...
  • Although I'm convinced I used SSH... Apparently the file didn't copy across... I redownloaded and used Houdini to find the hidden file.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/26729/houdini
  • edited September 2011
    i have a question about the SEO urls,,
  • hi there i changed the
    $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = TRUE;
    in the config.php file and saw there is an htaccess file also in root but still the URLS are same