Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

foo.com as email address - Why? How to prevent?

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I know that foo is a placeholder in programming. Vanilla uses it when people sign in using one of the third party methods. I have Twitter and Facebook active. Vanilla doesn't report which one people are using to sign in.

Anyhow, I assume that foo.com gets assigned to users who login using a method that doesn't report their email address. The trouble is that foo.com breaks the system. Visitors may not realize that after they login using a third-party login that they need to update their email address.

This breaks the great notification system that Vanilla has built in. Visitors aren't getting notified of replys and mentions.

My question is, how do the third-party systems (Twitter, Facebook, etc) gather information from those sites and report it to my Vanilla install? Which one is failing to report the email address and is there a way to change the settings to give Vanilla the email address?

Comments