Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Emotify don't Drop down in embed Themes

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This Plugin works correctly in a normal webpage forum, but when i embed into a Wordpress Blog dot not display the Drop down menu.

How can i fix this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem, but it's more of like the drop down for the emoticons is grayed out and can't drop down. Any assistance would be of great help. Thanks!
  • Options
    Bump... Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    same here - triggers js errors when you click the icon
  • Options
    dudieboydudieboy New
    edited March 2011
    Same problem, in a WordPress embed. Is it perhaps a theme problem? I'm using Vanilla 1 Grey.

EDIT: Actually it's a problem on the Embed-Friendly theme too.
  • Options
    Seeing the same issue.
  • Options
    Until this is fixed, is there a way to comment out the smiley drop down menu in the Emotify files?

I notice plugins have to contain the argument 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE, and I'm wondering if there's something similar for EmbedFriendly? If not, something to think about.
  • Options
    There is no guarantee fixing it, but I think it's worth a try.

embedvanilla 1.0.1
    /plugins/embedvanilla/local.js
    Line 105 around
    Replace:
    var href = $(this).attr('href'),
    with:
    var href = $(this).attr('href') || '',
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Yes @yu_tang it seems that's it! The dropdown works in my embedded site now. Thank you AGAIN. :)
  • Options
    dudieboydudieboy New
    edited April 2011
    Okay, I swear this was working. @yu_tang did you edit the code above? Because now I'm trying to apply the fix to the local.js file again and when I click on the dropdown it reloads the page to http://danbirlew.com/forums/#

EDIT: Sorry! I guess I've made too many mods to embedVanilla plugin, had too many different versions going on. Clean install, above fix made it work again in embed.