Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WHERE IS THE SIGNATURE?

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I installed the signature plugin and enabled it but can't see where i add signatures

any help greatly appreciated my site is www.forzacredits.org/carchops

Comments

• edited February 2011
    You might have done what I did. Once you've enabled the plugin you need to go to 'Signatures', under Forum in the dashboard, and enable signatures there. Took me a while to find it!
    Cheers
    Al Sims
  • Hahah, did the same! Thanks @cestrefeld!
  • lol @thiagobr, @cestrefeld Me too.

• Me three :-\

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@eoxh

technically you would be four or five, unless too== two. :)

but who's counting, eh.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Lol I bet everyone who installs the plugin goes to this thread. A good suggestion for the next version would be to remove the need to do that, it's redundant and inconsistent with the behaviour of other plugins.

• @SubJunk said:
    Lol I bet everyone who installs the plugin goes to this thread. A good suggestion for the next version would be to remove the need to do that, it's redundant and inconsistent with the behaviour of other plugins.

Agree.

• edited August 2013

@SubJunk said:
    Lol I bet everyone who installs the plugin goes to this thread. A good suggestion for the next version would be to remove the need to do that, it's redundant and inconsistent with the behaviour of other plugins.

Agreed - I did it too!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

As far as I know, it's already been removed, we just haven't re-released it because it was changed for 2.1.

• I have activated the plugin and enabled signatures but I can't find where I manage the actual signature.

Can someone point me to where I actually add/edit the signature?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Go to your edit profile screen http://forum.example.com/profile/edit.

There should be a signature settings link.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I actually don't have the signature settings link there.

This is how it looks: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0871wgp32c

It should be in the sidebar.

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

Try switching to the default theme and see if it shows up.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Heeey .. There it is!!!

Awesome and thanks a bunch!

• To clarify if someone else has got the same problem: I switched to the default theme.

• Is there somehow I can enable/disable signatures on the user level?

• There doesn't seem to be permission settings to enable or disable signatures on the user level with Signatures v1.1.5.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

@nicelife said:
    Is there somehow I can enable/disable signatures on the user level?

The permissions system is designed to check across roles and categories. Permissions are also additive. I wouldn't mind seeing some operators for role permissions (and, or, nor, xor, etc.). Not sure if the added complexity is really worth it.

I don't think there is really a push for it from the devs since they use a Ranks plugin to add and remove certain permissions based on arbitrary criteria.

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@nicelife said - Is there somehow I can enable/disable signatures on the user level?

@nicelife

if you use peregrine badges and want to base signatures on badges or points and you make a donation to me via paypal for $10, I will then pm you modifications.

if no donation and role-based solution is acceptable do the following:

Otherwise, you can modify the current 'Version' => '1.1.5', signature plugin to work for you.

in class.signatures.plugin.php

1 - disable the signatures  plugin

2 -  change line  relating to RegisterPermissions  (arround line 20)

to

'RegisterPermissions' => array('Plugins.Signatures.Edit' => 0),

3 -  change around line 56 or so

from

if (!C('Plugins.Signatures.Enabled'))
             return;

to

if (!C('Plugins.Signatures.Enabled'))
             return;

if (!Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission(array('Plugins.Signatures.Edit' ))) 
             return;   

4 - enable signatures plugin.

5  in dashboard roles and permissions - for each role.
           you will see a new checkbox for edit signature.  check it for roles that you want to have ability to add and edit signatures.

github also has a new signatures plugin in the add-ons for vanilla 2.1x

since you failed to mention your version of vanilla, because there is no message added by the admins of this forum - to alert new users the importance of adding the vanilla version. Answering questions will take twice as long.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.