Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can you change Question & Answer to Discussion & Reply?

gsbgsb
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Title says it all, can you change Question & Answer to Discussion & Reply? If so, how? I'm not a coder...

Comments

• The default vanilla forum (downloadable) is Discussion & Comment.

Otherwise, it's a question of creating a "locale" file, same thing as translation except that you're just "translating" in the same language.
  • I'm so sorry, but can you explain more-so what that means? I did download and install Vanilla on my own hosted site.
  • If you have installed it on your own, it should have discussion & comments already.
    Except if you have installed the "Voting" plugin.
  • Ah! That's it! I installed the "Voting" plugin! Thank you!
  • gsbgsb
    edited February 2011
    One last question in the same vein, how can I change "Announcement" to "Sticky"?
  • If you still want the voting plugin and that it doesn't change the label, maybe you could just remove the en-CA.php (or something like that) from the locale directory in the plugin directory.
    I haven't tried, so I don't know if the plugin will stil work OK or not afterwards (because it may try to read that file anyway), maybe a safer option would be to empty the file, or comment everything in it.
  • One last question in the same vein, how can I change "Announcement" to "Sticky"?
    Check out the way the locale file is done.
    Or read: http://vanillaforums.org/docs/localization
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2011
    The only place I've found the Questions text is on the viewing a tag page. It says "questions tagged with 'the tag'."

The announcement isn't necessarily the same thing as the usual sticky in the following sense. Stickies shouldn't be allowed to be dismissed on the category page, therefore they can always appear on top of the category forums and in this case only be allowed to be dismissed on the latest discussions list. Announcements can be dismissed either way. I suggested this kind of idea and hope it makes sense to you (I'm trying to explain it as best as possible). If you also like the idea check out my suggestion.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app