Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WP logout BUT still signed in to Vanilla

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I have WP 3.0.5 installed in
http://localhost/sites/wordpress

and Vanilla 2.0.17.8 in
http://localhost/sites/wordpress/forum

I've got ProxyConnect working. Prob is When I logout off WP and then go to the Forum I'm still logged in. If I Signout of the forum first then I'm also logged out of WP.

I looked at the cookies whilst signed in and my WP:
Domain: localhost
Path: /sites/wordpress

Vanilla Cookies :
Domain: localhost
Path: /

Is this the problem? If so how do I fix it?

Thanks

BTW - its on a windows machine (WAMP)

Comments

• Hi - I've made some progress with this problem but could do with so advise on best practice.

I'm now running WP 3.1, Vanilla Forums is 2.0.17.8 and ProxyConnect 1.8.4.

I can sign in from WP and Vanilla forums works fine.
    I can sign in from Vanilla and WP is fine.
    I can logout of Vanilla and I'm out of WP

Problem: I can logout of WP BUT I'm still logged into Vanilla.

Whilst looking of the code in:
    "wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress3-proxyconnect/vanilla-sso.php" - I see that the "wp_clear_auth_cookie()" is NOT being called because there is already a function of the same name in "wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php" which is getting called first! The latter doesn't contain the code which kills the Vanilla cookie.

The Fix:
    I've commented out "wp_clear_auth_cookie()" from "pluggable.php" so now WP logout now calls "wp_clear_auth_cookie()" from "vanilla-sso.php" and now logout is fixed.

But if I update my WP install in the future it might well reinstate the commented code in pluggable.php and break it again.

So what is the best way for me to future proof this - or can I make WP use the function in vanilla-sso.php rather than pluggable?

Hope it all makes sense.

KB
  • Same problem here.