Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Permission to Post URLs Plugin

dan39dan39 New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was on another forum the other day, and there was an automatic feature that prevented new forum members from posting URLs within their first 5 posts. If a user tried to submit a URL within their post, it would simply kick back an error. Sure enough, this popular forum has very little trouble with spam. It forced new members to prove their interest in conversation, and all but eliminated self-promotional posts by new members.

I'm afraid a plugin of this nature is beyond my programming skills. I thought I would mention the idea in case someone else was easily able to build it. I think it would be a great addition to Vanilla! Anyone else think it's a good idea or think they could build it?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    It is good idea.
    Someone need to look at Markdown plugin as start.
    So, you could find URLs and check user posts count number.

Overall Vanilla community strongly needs plugins shop and installation from web directly to make development faster.