Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Translation problem : how to translate Activity Story like $NewRoles or $RemovedRoles ??

ArachnosArachnos New
edited February 2011 in Questions
In the Activity panel (front-office), there is text like "Dummy 2 was added to the Administrator role." or "Dummy 2 was removed from the Administrator role.".

By searching, this text is in applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php under the $NewRoles and $RemovedRoles variables.

Anyone as a solution to translate that ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Write this in GitHub.

Find necessary text, for example - 'My Text' and make it into T('My Text')
    After it you can add translation to locale.
  • it doesn't work when you insert it in locale file (I've inserted like this T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.') = T('%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.');

I got this error : Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/forum/locales/French/captured.php on line 20

Here's the string in class.usermodel.php : $Story = sprintf(T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.'),
    $User->Name,
    implode(', ', $NewRoles),
    Plural($NewCount, 'role', 'roles')
    );

• T('%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.') = T('%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.');

Seems nuts. :-) How you want assign right to left? :-)
    You must use $Definition, as I remember.
  • Yes but I think I have to retrieve the right keywords in a form similar to
    $Definition['Activity.RoleChange.ProfileHeadline']

because $Definition['%1$s was added to the %2$s %3$s.'] = '%1$s a été ajouté à %2$s %3$s.'; don't work