Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category view rarely updates to show new posts

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've got my forum setup to default to the Category view as I like the look of a traditional forum front page. For some reason, this view doesn't seem to update with the latest content. For example I've got a News category that I just posted to but the Category view shows the last comment made by a user on the 22nd.

Is this suppose to ignore new discussions? Anyway to change this behavior. It makes it impossible to glance and view a new discussion unless someone has commented on it.

Comments

• Options
    If you view all your discussions in another way, will the news items show up then or is it still the same problem?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    If I use the discussion view all new discussions are marked as new with the proper comments and user displayed as "Most Recent".

Not sure if this is allowed but here is the url: http://vgcollect.com/forum/
  • Options
    I just wanted to bump this because I'm still having the issue. I've currently got a new category that has 2 discussion started but my count on the Categories page says 0.