Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

4 basic tweaks I need to make to the Embed Friendly theme.

HortonHorton New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am in the process of migrating from a vanilla 1 installation to a vanilla 2 installation. Additionally I'm moving my web forum from being stand alone to being embedded into my core site (Joomla).

Here is a link to a test copy of a vanilla 2 environment inside of my live site http://www.ballofspray.com/forum/test as you can see I'm using the standard embed theme.

Issue number one: I plan to make my iframe height setting pretty darn big. Maybe as big as 4000 pixels. I'm doing this because some of the threads containing very long posts. I will of course adjusts back and forth the number of posts per page within vanilla. The real problem is the sign in dialogue. As the iframe gets larger the sign in dialogue goes down the page and eventually off the screen. How do I correct this? I would be happy to go back to a sign in page like vanilla one.

Issue number two: I have almost 1000 users who log in to my vanilla 1 forum with a username - not an e-mail. I need to edit the text on the “sign in” dialog box to instruct my old users how to sign in. How I do that?

Issue number three: I know this is been answered elsewhere but I can't find it. (forgive me) Where do I edit the text " Howdy stranger" and “It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!”?

Issue number four: I would also like to reduce the width of the panel. The button with the text "start a new discussion" does not need to be that wide and the lists that appear below also do not need to be that wide. I am simply trying to increase screen space for the discussions. I have to assume that my users do not have the size screen that I have. How do I do this? Can I do this?

Comments

• Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Cool thanks. 1 down 3 to go.
  • Options
    To clarify, I had the basic skills to do everything in the Theme Guide for Designers. In other words I can install the local server and poke around in CSS and HTML. HTML skills are rudimentary at best.
  • Options
    issue 4; hide sidebar?
  • Options
    Yea maybe. I would be fine with that and it solves one issues but then there will the menu be for "Apply for Membership?" or "Start a conversation"?

Less is more in this case but I still need most of the basic features.
  • Options
    its easy enough to turn it off and see yoruself dude.
  • Options
    How?
  • Options
    bump - I am stuck without some suggestions....
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    For the sign in page, copy /applications/dashboard/views/entry/auth/password.php into the theme in the corresponding location (or find it if it's already in the theme - I've never looked at it, honestly). Edit away.

Reducing the panel size means customizing the CSS.