Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Only 'Admin' Account able to see and create a 'Message'

GigGig
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Skip the Stuff in Blue if you don't care about the back story.

So, I have a site that is in beta at the moment, and only have my staff working on it, so it isn't exactly ready for the public. It became apparent that the product that we were going to be selling would need a support forum. Without going to much into the product, it isn't the most user friendly software to use, but it does do a lot more than it's competitors. We saw it fit to create the product to be much more advanced than the rest of it's kind, and give our clients as much support and help as they needed.

Of course, then we couldn't give out our email addresses to every client, so, a forum was quickly decided on.

I went looking for some software on the internet, completely ready to pay for some software as I have used phpBB, and it just wouldn't do what we wanted it to.

I came across Vanilla and what made me look closer at the site was the embedding. Vanilla gives a simple, professional look, so we are currently using it.

I have made the admin account an unused account so that when I start needing to work more closely with clients I can give admin to some other staff member and let them look after it all.

So, here is my issue,

Only the admin account can create a message. My account has been set as an administrator, yet it does not have 'permission' to access the Message Panel in the Dashboard.

Is there any way that I can allow other administrators to set up messages as well as the original account?

Comments

• Options
    Solved.
    Probably should have had a proper look myself. At least it is documented now so that if someone else has the same problem.

I was looking through the dashboard and I thought that there must be something in the database that is saying that I can not access that.

In the User Table there is a field called 'Admin'. Just went edited my user record and changed that 0 to a 1. All seems to work fine now.

Could there be anything bad that can come of this?
This discussion has been closed.