Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Can't access dashboard on fresh install - 2.0.17.8

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I had a working, but unused Vanilla install of 2.0.9. It wouldn't upgrade easily, so I decided to ditch it. I dropped the vanilla tables, deleted the 2.0.9 files and copied up 2.0.17.8 (multiple times, actually).

Each time I reinstall it gets as far the sign-in modal window, then it dumps me in the Discussions view - I can't persuade it to log me in for love nor money. I am often deeply frustrated with Vanilla, but this is a new level of rage.

Also, I notice that the config.php file that was created (a) isn't editable, and (b) is missing info that I would expect it to need (like [Cookie][Domain] and the entire Plugins section.

I've manually created a blank config.php now, so that when I install I can at least edit it. But can anyone suggest what's going on?

Comments

• Options
    ARGH! F'ing thing. I've since discovered that there were 3 Vanilla-Volatile and another Vanilla cookie issued to my browser. I've cleared them and I'm in.
This discussion has been closed.