Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem importing from phpbb 3

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So i was looking for some problems with importing forum from phpbb to vanilla and i didn't find one.

I have a Simple Machines forum and i want to switch to Vanilla.
There isn't any converter for it so i converted my SMF forum to phpBB which went pretty smooth.
Then i tried to convert it to Vanilla with importer that you can download from here.

Everything is ok till the 'Update Counts' part. When it reaches that phase it stops and returns error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'c from GDN_Comment c inner join GDN_Discussion d on' at line 1 |Gdn_Database|Query|delete GDN_Comment c from GDN_Comment c inner join GDN_Discussion d on d.FirstCommentID = c.CommentID
and importer is 'looping' - probably waiting for fixing the problem.
I don't know what this error means because i can't find such lines in exported database so i can't go further.

But when i go to my forums it seems that everything is ok, Posts count seems to be good, categories are in place, users also

Any ideas how to fix this? Or what does that mean?

Here is my server spec: http://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://vipserv.org/oferta.htm
It's in polish so you have to translate it if it doesn't itself.

Phpbb version from which i imported is 3.0.7-pl1.
Vanilla is latest.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I have exactly the same error when Im trying to import data from Vanilla 1 with Vanilla Porter 1.4b - any help ? I thing, that it can be some problem with the latest version of Vanilla Porter, maybe some of You can upload previous versions ?
  • Options
    I solved my problem.
    Importing is possible only with MySQL database <5.2, I was able to do it with 5.1.41, on newer MySQL engine it was not possible because importing on 'Update Counts' part returning SQL syntax error.
  • Options
    Hm, i don't think it's the case.
    I've got 5.1.45 and error is still showing up.
    I will try another server and get back.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have the exact same problem with MySQL version 5.5.9.
    When I try with version 5.0.41 on an older machine, it works perfectly.
  • Options
    I have the exact same problem too

MySQL 5.5.8
    PHP 5.3.5
    Vanilla 2 Exporter 1.5.3
    phpBB 3.0.8
  • Options
    Any fix? I'm running MySQL 5.5.9 as well and can't downgrade the DB.
  • Options
    I should mention that this error is happening with an import of bbPress 1.x.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    This is an error in the SQL that is fixed for the next version.