Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

images and youtube in posts on V1 are not seen after import to V2

HortonHorton New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm in the final phase of a migration from vanilla1 to vanilla 2.

I noticed tonight that images and youtube in posts on V1 are hidden in V2. I can add them back - embed, upload, whatever

The HTML is intact but he images are not exposed. I'm not using any add-on editor. I assume the error is between keyboard and chair that I have no idea.

Comments

• Options
    I really don't understand this now but is less of an issue. I can create a new post with HTML and images and shows up great. Any post that was imported from my vanilla one installation does not have the images. The strange part is if I open the old post and copy the HTML and paste it into a new thread everything is there. Strange but doesn't really matter.
  • Options

Did you figure this out Horton? Same issue here! :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I personally haven't moved from v1 to v2

But this may provide a clue. Just an idea.

Identify the comment id of the comment that has an image that does not show.

Horton said:

The strange part is if I open the old post and copy the HTML and paste it into a new thread everything is there.

Identify the comment id of the comment you just copied and pasted into a new comment that has an image that does show.

compare the body column and the format columns of the two comment id's in the comment table and see if the tags are corrupted or if the format column is different.

if you find a difference - you could export the body column and use a regex to fix the tags in php and then update the database with the fixed tags or maybe use a regex in sql update.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I guess it was the formats column.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.