Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Importing attachments from vbulletin, porter mentions rename plugin which doesn't exist

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
From the vanilla2export.php file, line 1883:
* In vBulletin 2.x, files were stored as an md5 hash in the root * attachment directory with a '.file' extension. Existing files were not * changed when upgrading to 3.x so older forums will need those too. * * This assumes the user is going to copy their entire attachments directory * into Vanilla's /uploads folder and then use our custom plugin to convert * file extensions.

I've looked around github and googled and read all the related docs but can't find any mention of this "custom plugin" except this comment. Any chance it's more than a myth buried within some source code?
As a side note, I'm impressed how far Vanilla has come since I last checked it out 5 years ago, really amazed, I'm glad I finally have the chance to use it and can get rid of my really bloated vB installation! Thanks for your help guys