Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

phpBB Private Messages to Vanilla Conversations?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am looking to convert a phpbb forums private messages to Vanilla conversations. Does anyone know of anyway that I can do this? Has anyone done this. I have searched and searched and I haven't seen anything that can do this. And the universal importer doesn't convert PMs.

I will not be able to convert my community to Vanilla if I can't find a way to do this. I know that people here seem to hate the idea of PMs, but they are an integral part of our community and people use them a lot.

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips about this.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I gave my community advanced notice and asked them to export/download their PMs if they wanted to keep them. Out of a community of hundreds (active), only 1 person came to me afterwards asking for a backup.

It's *possible* to convert PMs to Conversations, but the logic is so monstrous I gave up on it because it frankly wasn't worth the time. I don't know about phpBB, but vBulletin didn't have any straightforward way of chaining assorted PMs into coherent conversations. The first version of the vBulletin importer had it, but I dropped it from the rewrite because it was just nuts.