Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

[Facebook Connect] "uniqueID Required" Error - need help

edited April 2011 in Questions
Hello,
I recently installed vanilla at http://zzoox.com - tonight, I tried to install the facebook sign-in app button. I created an app like it said to do and inserted the correct code but its only working like 50%... is there anyway to tell what the problem might be if you visit my site and click on it. It will tell your to choose a user name, then a password box appears briefly then disapears too quick to enter a password. The other thing I am curious about is that I have seen other sites with this feature and they will just let you sign in with your FB credentials and create a username... this one seems to want you to create an username AND password... is that another defect of my particular install?

Comments

• (bump) I had to bump this because I really need help figuring this out. Also I need to know where I can download the facebook connect that comes with the original vanilla package. It seems like the problem may be that it just didnt install right.
  • I know you all must be thinking there are already so many conversations on here, why dont I look for one of those and use the solutions they have come up with... heres the problem... I Have! Still Not Working. Half of the threads have comments that seem to suggest that someone has linked to a solution, but when you get to that comment, it says "Edited:..." Like someone removed the solution?!?! I have tried the solutions that seemed to work for others for the same issues but it is not working for mine. Someone Please Help. I have checked, searched, tried, re installed, edited, etc. etc. etc. still getting the same "uniqueID Required" error.