Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress intergration not working at all!

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just cannot get this working. I have both plugins installed on vanilla and wordpress. If I go to log out, and then click sign in, it goes to the wordpress login. But when I click login it either sends me back to the forum without being logged in or an error about redirects or something. But it logs me into my normal wordpress... very strange. I'd appreciate any troubleshooting tips please, I've been trying for a couple of hours now.

Comments

• I may point out that I had previously set up 2 accounts for friends, one for me and another one for an admin. I'm trying to login to my personal one.
  • As several users reported before, Proxyconnect does not appear to be working with the current version of Vanilla (2.0.17.x).
  • Oh ok.. Is there any other solution to this, any way to fix this? Or is there another method to getting wordpress to play nice with vanilla? Thanks!
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    There's a new version out. See if it solves your problem.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You may need to manually delete your cookies once after installing.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• New version still not working. (tested on fresh vanilla install) When you go to log in after integrating the 2 (via automatic for WordPress or manual) you are still placed in a WordPress login/logout loop using only the WordPress login/logout screen (no login popup with linking options or anything via vanilla). It does not allow you to link an existing vanilla account (ie. the admin account) with a WordPress one.

However, whatever was broken in the old version that stopped you from accessing the www.yourdomain.com/forum/entry/password is now resolved so the admin now has full access to get into their backend again.

Note: Also manually deleted cookies prior to attempting this.
  • Still not working for me, luckily I could revert back to old configuration, blocked me from signing in again!