Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Permissions for categories..

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is it me, or do they not make sense? I get something similar to this: http://i.imgur.com/6IGNN.jpg

I just want to create a category that people can view but not create a topic in, but can comment, and I get this mess of a page! I hope this isn't normal, and that there is a fix somewhere. I also wanted to create a specific Staff category that only Mods and Admins can see.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• judgejjudgej
    edited April 2011
    That is easy enough to implement (I have the same setup - announcements category can be started by admins only, but anyone can add comments).

What appears to be missing from your page is the role names. Each box of "Default Category Permissions" should apply to a single role, and that is not showing.

Try instead to go in via the roles: create your category, then go edit each role to set what that role can do in that category. Some categories will be able to add discussions and comments, and other roles will be able to add comments only. With a little luck the labels will be working in that screen.