Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Twitter login problems without any errors

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I searched for this for the past few hours but can't find a solution: I downloaded the current version of the forum and went through and activated the plugin, created the twitter app, changed the plugin settings and the authentication seems to work but when it redirects, it just closes the popup window, reloads the page and I'm not logged in. But the forum app is registered in the settings of my twitter account.

There's no error message (I did change the config to $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php')

My mod rewrite also works fine, the smarty cache is writable (that was a problem I had before where it didn't redirect properly).

It's just a reload and nothing's happening. Is there another setting that I'm missing? Or a way to troubleshoot?

The browser I tried it with: Firefox 4, Chrome 10, Safari 5

PHP version: 5.2.12
MySQL: 5.1.43

EDIT: I did a clean install and it worked there. The problem might be related to the phpbb3 import I did on the other board? Maybe the roles that are created by the importer???

Comments

• UPDATE:
    Maybe this will help someone... I deleted some of the roles that were imported from my phpbb board and replaced them with new ones named similar to the ones that come with a clean installation of the forum and now I'm able to log in using the twitter plugin! Still testing and trying to find issues, but it seems to be working fine so far.
  • Thank you for actually coming back and posting a follow-up. :) I ran into this same issue.