Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] Missing Comments after upgrade

tosdtosd New
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

I have just upgraded a Vanilla forum to the latest version, importing the previous database, and it appears that comments that were made prior to the current month (the month the upgrade was done in) do not show up. e.g In one category I have a discussion that indicates that there are 54 comments, but if the discussion is opened only 3 are visible (all made this month). I can't imagine that it is a roles and permissions issue because if that were the case then presumably the logged in member would not see any of the comments associated with the discussion.

Can anyone suggest what may be going on here?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I feel a fool, but with the number of users on our forum who have been caught out by this at least I am not alone :) Perhaps I can save someone else the embarrassment.

Basically there is no problem. The number on comments in the advanced forum settings was set to 50. One of our discussions had 54 comments so when a member clicks through they see only the last four, which are on the second page. Most members simply missed the (discrete) pagination links that only appear above the top right of the comments box on the theme I am using. I have temporarily set the comments to 100/page and will now set about making the pagination links more obvious and placing them at the top and bottom of the comments list.

The reason none of us were awake to this was that in the previous version prior to the upgrade none of the discussions had enough comments to trigger pagination. Or maybe there wasn't pagination in that version - I am not sure.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.