Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to quickly mark notifications as read?

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Does anyone know a way of quickly marking all notifications as read? I don't know whether it was intended so, but they tend to be a little bit irritating.

Lets say 5 people commented on my discussion - there will be the number "5" visible in the navigation menu. It stays there even after I've read those comments; I have to visit my profile, choose notifications and then click it again to clear the number of unread notifications. Shouldn't they be marked as read as soon as I read those comments?

Comments

• Options
    I really hate bumping a discussion, but this issue is really bugging me :-|
  • Options
    I want to know this too.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    You should click on the number of notification, not the name.

It does change the destination (via JS).
    I talked about that to Mark a while back, I thought it had changed for a while to a less magicky stuff, but maybe it was reverted, or it was never in.
    I'll try to check what happened.

// Go to notifications if clicking on a user's notification count $('li.UserNotifications a span').click(function() { document.location = gdn.url('/profile/notifications'); return false; });