Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New Vanilla installation, can't post comments

edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just installed Vanilla 2.0.17.9 and although users are able to create discussions, we cannot post any comments. The progress indicator just continues to cycle, and a small translucent grey dot appears on the page. Sometimes a second progress indicator will appear next to the first. No error message is ever displayed, and I haven't been able to find any error logs on the server.

I'm thinking this is may be a permissions problem, or possibly my web host does not meet the minimum requirements for Vanilla to run. Can anyone help me to narrow down what might be causing this error?

(I've also disabled all plugins, just in case.)

Comments

• Updated with a bit of additional information: when I try to post a comment, I get the following Javascript error:

TypeError: Result of expression 'jQuery.easing[jQuery.easing.def]' [undefined] is not a function.
  • Ok, I've actually edited some of the Vanilla source to include the jQuery.easing plugin, which cleared up the Javascript error, but now I'm getting an error message from Vanilla that simply states "Error". Still looking for help!
  • Still really confused about this- I was able to install Vanilla on another host and it seems to work perfectly, but I've also verified that the host where I am having problems meets all of the installation requirements.

Can anybody help?
  • I finally figured this out. I had a .htaccess rule that was causing certain vanilla requests to be redirected to non-existent URLs. Yikes!