Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Very confused about themes

I've already read up on all the theme documents and guides, but I;m a bit confused about editing the html. I get that to make any html changes, I have to copy the applications/vanilla/views/ stuff into my_theme_folder/views/ directory, right?

The problem is, I can't seem to understand how these templates are structured. All the files are 99% php and I can't find most of the code for specific pages. For example, I want to edit how the discussions listing is layed out, so I went in views/discussions/discussions.php and there's nothing but php. Where do I find the stuff that says "Make a li tag, put the title here, put the comment count here, etc etc"?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    If I were you, I would download the BrandFriendly. In it, you will find a sample on how you can modify the HTML (defaultmaster.tpl under views), and how to affect the design with a CSS (a custom.css file under design)