Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Allow guests to download

edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If you want guests to be able to download attachments from the File Upload plugin, you can make one small change to the database. I have not had any unwanted side effects with this so far. Here's the SQL to grants guests download permission:

UPDATE `YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE`.`GDN_Permission` SET `Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow` = '1' WHERE `GDN_Permission`.`PermissionID` =2;

Comments

• Worked as you described after replacing YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE appropriately, thanks!
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You can also do this from Dashboard/Roles & Permssions. Edit the permissions for Guest.
  • @Todd in my install 2.10.18b2 with plugin version 1.4.4 there is no checkboxes to check for plugins!
    I had to edit the database like @chadvonnau said.
    Please implement this feature in the next version. And yes the plugin is awesome!
  • edited January 2012

For me to work I had to use the folowing command:

UPDATE `YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE`.`GDN_Permission` SET `Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow` = '1' WHERE `GDN_Permission`.`PermissionID` =3;

It may be because I deleted some roles.

• Please help where exactly do I have to put this SQL command ?
    Thanks