Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Duplicate] Paging Bug

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Please forgive me for re-posting this, but I'm a newbie to Vanilla. Love the program. However, I'm having a problem with paging. I had set up my forum with 4 or 5 categories and then decided to not use categories via the 'don't use categories' option on the manage categories page. By tracing through the code I found out that the paging routine accesses the CountDiscussions column on the Categories table and if this value is greater than the 'discussions per page' limit under advanced options, it sets up a pager. Since I had 2 announcements which were added before I set up the 'don't use categories' option, the value kept coming back as '2'. When I reactivated categories and assigned each discussion to category 1, paging showed up! It appears that if you don't use categories, you will never have paging. Is that correct?
Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.