Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change Port Connection from 3306

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Can anyone help me to figure out how to change the port number in the script to look for my database on port 3307
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Should be in conf/config.php
  • Options
    The config.php file is empty because it hasnt done install yet, so it's gotta lie somewhere else. BUT where???
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    I guess you can input it while you install. Or try, host:port syntax if you only have host. (I don't remember what's doable, it's been a while)
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @luc is right. Enter host:port on the setup page.
  • Options
    i have tried everything i can think of. the ISP says the Host is DB but the phpMyAdmin is on an IP through the web. I tried localhost:3307 and DB:3307 and IPaddress:3307 but nothing... I would really like to get this sorted out as running a test on my pc under localhost is excellent. I've in the meantime had to install a Wordpress blog until I can get Vanilla working. I need help...............
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Check the connection settings that Wordpress uses and give them a try in Vanilla.
  • Options
    Nothing is working. The problem is that I need to find lines of code to get the install to look at the correct port number...