Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translating plugins

TudorTudor
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been trying to translate a few plugins and I (think I) followed the steps detailed here. So:

- I made this file: pluginfolder/locale/ro_RO.php

- The file contains two lines:

<?php $Definition['original string'] = 'translated string';

Result: not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    Are the plugins translatable?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited June 2011
    You can translate anything. My intention isn't to put the translation files in the plugins though, but to put them right in your locale pack. You can separate things by putting them in separate files if you wish.

I'm thinking of adding the feature so that you can name your translation files like this:
    pluginname-plugin.php
    This will tell the framework to only include the file if the plugin is enabled. What do you think?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I meant, the ones he wanted to do. Because, if they are not T()'d...
  • The plugin I wanted to translate is T()'d.

Indeed, the plugin translation works if I put it into my locale pack.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Yeah, the intent is that you but all of your translations into a single locale pack so it can be installed more easily.
  • My intention isn't to put the translation files in the plugins though, but to put them right in your locale pack. You can separate things by putting them in separate files if you wish.
    @Todd, that's great. I like it. I need it.
    I don't want to mix all plugin translations in core locale definitions though if it is disabled. Also I don't want to spread plugin translations wide in each plugin dir.
    I want to manage them in one location AND load on demand if it is enabled.

One thing, it's better to change loading section by plugin version, I think.
  • edited July 2011
    I've tried many times, but has not been successful and hard at all, what is wrong. why? thanks for the information

If you dont mind..please visit my blog at Penterjemah