Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] New install problems - installer not running

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2.17, MySQL 5.5 and Vanilla 2.0.17.10 onto my Windows 7 machine.
Apache is up and running as is MySQL. I've copied the Vanilla files to the correct folder (Apache/htdocs/vanilla) but when I browse to localhost/vanilla I just get the "Index of /vanilla" page listing all the files/folders and the installer doesn't run.
I tried changing the permissions on conf, cache and uploads (removing the read-only flag).
I suspect the issue is with PHP but I'm not sure how to debug/proceed and I can't find any posts by people with the same issues.

I'm using Google Chrome but I've tried IE9 too.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Best Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Better (easier) to use xamp/wamp.

Otherwise, for your issue, php module is surely not loaded, check the apache configuration.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Or you are missing this from your apache conf:

DirectoryIndex index.php

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Better (easier) to use xamp/wamp.

Otherwise, for your issue, php module is surely not loaded, check the apache configuration.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Or you are missing this from your apache conf:

DirectoryIndex index.php

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks for your feedback. I've had a play around with settings this evening and plumped for downloading XAMPP :-)

I'll let you know how it goes.