Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

WordPress Activity Widget Stopped Working with Vanilla 2.0.18b2 (beta 2)

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I had to install 2.0.18b2 (beta 2) to get SSO working with WordPress but since the update the Activity Widget in WordPress doesn't work. It just spits out the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aventure_forum/aventurebrokerforum.ca/wp-content/plugins/vanilla-forums/widgets.php on line 156

And here's the code from the widget.php file:

echo $before_widget . $before_title . $title . $after_title; echo '<ul>'; $i = 0; foreach ($data->ActivityData as $Activity) { $i++; if ($i > $count) break; echo '<li>'.vf_format_activity($Activity, $url).'</li>'; } echo '</ul>'; echo $after_widget; }

Line 156 is foreach ($data->ActivityData as $Activity) {

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I do believe @Mark is working on this.
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options

And did Mark ever come up with a solution? This was over a year ago and my sidebar widgets still don't work properly in WordPress unfortunately. :(

• Options

codymckibb said:
    And did Mark ever come up with a solution? This was over a year ago and my sidebar widgets still don't work properly in WordPress unfortunately. :(

Are you getting the same warning as the OP? If not, then it is a different problem and you should consider specifying your problem a bit more.

• Options

Sorry no, for me I do not see a PHP error call come up, just absolutely nothing appears for the Recent Activity or Latest Discussions. The Most Active Users works, except it won't display people's uploaded avatars inside WordPress (as others have already mentioned) and I can't find a workaround for that…

• Options

Ok, open a new thread and describe your problem there. I don't use Wordpress and can't help you with this one.