Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anyone tried ContourDesign ShuttlePro2

sprockettsprockett New
edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I just got this off ebay (78 bucks).. Its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thnk my productivity has increased at least 35%... Its basically a device with tons of extra buttons / 2 jog/scroll wheels, and allows u to customize each button to an action(via hotkey/macro)... Cool thing is that each application can have its own settings, and even cooler is the "key composer" which is like a full macro feature.. You can actually enter assign a whole string of keys (including "pauses") to a button! So it can be like "alt f, v, [pause 10ms] ctrl v, [pause 20ms] f, c, ctrl p" Very sweet.. i just customizd my firefox settings to allow for super easy tabswitching, opening closing, focusing on the google search, focussing on the address bar etc.. GOOD SHIT!!!

Comments

• http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/spv2_combo_image.htm
  • http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/spv2_combo_image.htm
  • Oh. Looks kinda neat. One of those things thats a lot of hassle initially but awesome when you've put the effort in. SO do you use it instead of a mouse? Or with the other hand? or what?
  • lol, I'm lucky I can comprehend a one button Mac mouse...
  • its not a mouse (no trackball/sensor underneath) so i use one hand mouse, one hand the contour pro... esp good also for excel, even though its mainly marketed to those who do lots of video/audio editing
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Hmm, that thing looks like it would make for a decent keyboard replacement for gaming. give or take how well it responds to multi-button pressing.
  • Looks cool, but I have both my hands at the keyboard, which has over 100 buttons =P
    Maybe I should look into it though..
  • yeah i reckon a mouse pad built into a keyboard would be faster..... or maybe one that's mind controlled...
This discussion has been closed.