Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom Registration Form

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was wondering if there was an add-on for a Custom Registration form. I can't find one. I've read over some posts about this before, but no one seems to have found an answer. Someone mentioned once, that an add-on called Predefined Attributes would work, but it is only for Vanilla 1. Really, what I want to do is remove the Captcha section, and add my own registration fields.

Is someone working on an Add-on to do this? Is it possible with Vanilla 2? How would I go about changing this myself? Can I make an Add-on, instead of editing the core codes, that way it doesn't get changed in an upgrade?

Please and thank-you,
Cody

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Do you really need a custom registration form or do you just want to modify the existing registration form to suit your needs? Modifying it is relatively easy and changing the text on it is simple.

The registration forms are located at Vanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry. Depending on your registration method, you'll need to edit registerbasic.php, registerapproval.php, etc. You can edit that code and the box's label if you need to.

Answers

• Is there no way to do this?
  • Answer ✓
    Do you really need a custom registration form or do you just want to modify the existing registration form to suit your needs? Modifying it is relatively easy and changing the text on it is simple.

The registration forms are located at Vanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry. Depending on your registration method, you'll need to edit registerbasic.php, registerapproval.php, etc. You can edit that code and the box's label if you need to.
  • I'd like to make a completely new one, but I can see what all is possible by just editing this. I appreciate your help!
  • Np, good luck. I wanted to make a custom registration form of my own originally, but it's just so much easier to use what's already there.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2011
    Vanilla does have the ability to swap in your own registration method, but it's not really a beginner task as it takes some familiarity with the both the registration system and making at least intermediate-level plugins.

I'd be delighted to answer specific questions you have if you want to take this on as a project, but I don't really have time to lay it out for you.
  • Vanilla does have the ability to swap in your own registration method, but it's not really a beginner task as it takes some familiarity with the both the registration system and making at least intermediate-level plugins.

I'd be delighted to answer specific questions you have if you want to take this on as a project, but I don't really have time to lay it out for you.
    Alright, thanks dude! I'll message you in the next few weeks, I'm busy working on the rest of the site, so it may be a while before I begin.
  • How to remove captcha from registration form?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Add this line to your config file:

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic';

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub