Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help with mod to display *only * users in a Category instead of entire user list.

ameliafpsameliafps New
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi everyone. I'm new to Vanilla and happy to be using it.

I've got this plugin working (thanks Ellie and everyone who contributed!!), but I'd like help with limiting User List to display only those users with Roles that give them access to a particular Category or Categories.

The forum I'm working on contains categories that are exclusive to their corresponding group of users. For example, users who enrolled in one course have access to a Category created for their course, but may not view or participate in discussions within a Category for a different course, and so on.

In this case, UserList would be more useful if it listed only those users with access to particular categories and not others.

I suspect it requires determining the Roles assigned to the Category and somehow using that to omit users whose roles don't match? Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance!
Tagged: