Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot update

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I went through the process, the same whay I did to install Vanilla version 2.0.17.10, which worked perfectly by the way, but when I get to the 'Run the /utility/update...it does nothing.....please help I have lost my forum......just get a white page, no errors.....

Help.....
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    clear the cookies and restart your browser and open your url again .

i hope it will work
  • Answer ✓
    If you havent already delete all the .ini files in the cache folder.

Answers

• Answer ✓
    clear the cookies and restart your browser and open your url again .

i hope it will work
  • did that,and now I have this error

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/hamstersratsandmore.co.uk/public/htdocs/forum/library/core/class.factory.php on line 58

I dont know why it shouold have broke......
  • now I have another error.

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn_Autoloader' not found in /srv/hamstersratsandmore.co.uk/public/htdocs/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 488
  • Well, it looks like i have lost this forum, by the looks of things, I dont know what that error means, and right now that is all that is left of the forum, that is showing anyway....that is two questions now that havent been answered.....very helpful forum.....
  • Answer ✓
    If you havent already delete all the .ini files in the cache folder.
  • I did that, now I got something else, this is cracking me up, and doing my head in......I have another error now.....

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/hamstersratsandmore.co.uk/public/htdocs/forum/library/core/class.factory.php on line 58

Anybody know what this means, and how to get around it......
  • edited August 2011
    @UnderDog August 6
    How about you keep 1 thread with all your problems. I will give a hint. They are mostly related to not being able to write to certain areas, directories missing, etc.

I will close this thread and let's keep the other thread open for a while till you've figured out that re-installing is a viable option, setting permissions correctly and then post a problem if there ever is one.

Excuse me, if I knew what the problem was, I wouldnt post. Is this a help forum, or a knock you down forum. I need help, not a stupid answer like that.....Ok, your right, the problem is over with an attitude like that, stuff your figging forum. I'll delete, arrogant twat.....bye....keep your frigging forum,,,its crap anyway.....