Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] No email notification

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi everybody.

I searched the forums and even digged into the sourcecode of my forum, but i am not able to solve the problem.

Situation: i upgraded to the latest version from an older 2.x version.
After that, everything worked smooth but the email notifications.
I have no more extensions installed for notifications or email - but the build-in functions do not work here.
I debugged the phpmail - works fine with a test-class and with local sendmail.
After that i digged even deeper in some classes, but the sendmail process is not triggered.

Any advice how i could dig deeper or even better any ideas what to do?

I did not change anything at the database - so everything should work after the upgrade

Michael

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Have you configured your install to use localc sendmail injection or a smtp server?
  • Options
    Local as before the upgrade.

Therefore i testes the phpmail with an own script - i did even change it to smtp - would work too if it gets triggered from the forum-software

Michael
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    What is the latest version for you (as you stated)?

At home, it worked OK with 2.0.16, 2.0.17.x and all the 2.0.18beta and each unstable I pull (once a week mostly).
    And this forum (vf.org) is using a a 2.0.18b2+ and I got the email fine.

Have you got your preferences set correctly to send email notification for your account?
  • Options
    Currently installed 2.0.17.10.
    Remaining things not touched - including all settings. So when it worked at older versions, i think it should now work too.
    In my account, all events are checked when the system should mail me (checked via forum - user - preferences) or do you think about another setting?

Michael
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    It's there IIRC.
    Well, I don't know how to debug php, so sorry, I can't do more than that.
  • Options
    Ok, but thanks for the replys and help !

Michael
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Alright - problem solved.

Wrote a data-converter from vanilla to MyBB board and changed the board-software

Cant accept downtimes after an upgrade without a clue what is going on and a trace how to solve it.