Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My old account locked out - new email conformation system has bugs

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I had to create a new account here at Vanilla Forums. My old account kept asking for email conformation. I would click the link to get the conformation email and click the link in the email.

From the email link I got back to VF...Sometimes the page said the conformation worked but most of the time it said it failed.

Even when the message said I was confirmed, the black box was still in the bottom left and my account was still locked.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited August 2011 Answer ✓
    duplicate due to post error.

Answers

• Options
    by the way I am talking about THIS forum not my own
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Posts from my old account say "Deleted User". Did I get black listed? ....

Well I see a lot if "Deleted Users" in the http://vanillaforums.org/discussions page so I am not taking it personal.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited August 2011 Answer ✓
    duplicate due to post error.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Spam users got deleted, post disappear, but last post in the list is listed as deleted user.
  • Options
    Sort of a bummer that I lost my old account... guess it does not really matter. I would be super bummed it this happened to a user on my site. What ever....

Horton