Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum went BONK, please help!

shozen1shozen1 New
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The category links have stopped working on our forum, when clicking a category on the menu this happens: "Bonk, something Funky happened"

Everything was working fine before the following files were overwritten but replaced with the original backups later:

- applications/dashboard/controllers/class.utilitycontroller.php
- applications/vanilla/controllers/class.categoriescontroller.php
- js/global.js

They have since been replaced with the original files but unfortunately the damage already seems to have been done....

The silver 'options' drop down button next to the posts is no longer functional either.

update:

actually, it seems most of the forum is now not working correctly....when posting a new message the loading bar keeps loading, forever - it posts succesfully but not does not redirect after and just keeps the user left looking at a loading animation that never ends.

when deleting threads, it does not redirect properly either - rather it just redirects to simple page that sais 'TRUE' leaving the user no choice but to manually find the forum again using the address bar or back buttons.

is there any way to fix all of this or do i need a fresh install?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    shozen1shozen1 New
    edited August 2011
    I love the vanilla forum software but I have posted a number of questions over the last month and none of them have been answered, I will continue to use Vanilla but with no support I am left with no other option than to completely reinstall my forum in order to get it working again.

Would someone then tell me how I would keep all my current users along with all the posts so I don't lose them when re-installing?

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited August 2011
    I have posted a number of questions over the last month and none of them have been answered
    None of them? that seems strange to me. It is vacation time and I think some of the regulars are still on vacation. Give it some more time and don't bump your question within 1 day.
    This problem seems to be a funky one anyway.
    Did you get the details of the bonk message? Did you figure out by googling what the basic problem was?
    Yup.. that's what I figured. You have a couple of threads going on about your timezone problem.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/143053 => The feature request filed under gitHub number 1066
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/143046 => The timezone problem with a couple of pointers how to solve the problem, which resulted in your feature request.

• Options
    shozen1shozen1 New
    edited August 2011
    Thank you for your reply.

You know what? I have Googled! and have been looking EVERYWHERE like a mad man for the last week trying to resolve these problems and even posted on the vanilla community support forum itself with detailed explanations.

The 'pointers' that were given for my time zone thread here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/143046 => are what got me in this mess in the first place and our forum is now pretty much non-functional as a result.