Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom CSS

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
OK so I have been editing the Cusomcss file for the EmbedFriendly theme... but none of the changes I have made show... Everything that I have read says that they should show.

Why is it that changes made to the custom CSS do not show like they should?

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You have the EmbedFriendly theme enabled, yes?
  • Options
    Took me a WHILE to find you need to ALSO mess with code within
    vanilla/applications/dashboard/design/style.css

Firebug helps to see which file the selectors are in.

I wish it was better documented for customizing tho. And somehow all on 1 custom.css file
  • Options
    I wish it was better documented for customizing tho. And somehow all on 1 custom.css file
    Can you explain that? Maybe we can open up the documentation a bit more and then you can contribute to that missing documentation ;-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    If I wanted to mess with custom css in my forum/theme I would like documentation to understand exactly where the css files are and how each is used, ie: what part of of the themes or forum use each style sheet.
  • Options
    I've only been using CSS for a year so it's still kinda fresh to me, though I'm a fast learner. Some things may be obvious to some people but to me I had to dig around and find one random comment on an unrelated thread that showed me where the CSS file I needed was.