Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found - After migrating from localhost to live site

jone68jone68 New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I got Fatal error message After migrating from localhost to live site

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in /home/user/public_html/demo/bootstrap.php on line 47

any idea?

Best Answer

• jone68jone68 New
    Answer ✓
    Ohh.. Sorry on bootstrap.php line 47 it says cache layer

// Cache Layer Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasCache, 'Gdn_Cache', NULL, Gdn::FactoryRealSingleton, 'Initialize');

So i cleared the catch under cache directory after that everything is fine.

Cheers,

Answers

• jone68jone68 New
    Answer ✓
    Ohh.. Sorry on bootstrap.php line 47 it says cache layer

// Cache Layer Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasCache, 'Gdn_Cache', NULL, Gdn::FactoryRealSingleton, 'Initialize');

Cheers,
  • answer found by OP;
  • jone68jone68 New
    edited September 2011
    @luc \o/

Weird i can't accept my own answer :)
  • That's why I create thoses messages.
  • And that's why I follow and click on links and adjust page titles :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ohh.. Sorry on bootstrap.php line 47 it says cache layer

Im having same issue -as soon as i put my new v2 folder up on site, it throws me this same bootstrap error except im not too clear on the fix you mention.. - can someone explain
    "..i cleared the catch under cache directory after that everything is fine. "
    which file/folder/line do i clear exactly..Thank you!!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Go to the /cache folder and delete all the .ini files in there.
  • Thanks- appreciate the help
  • worked for me too! thanks!

• neyawnneyawn New
    edited February 2012

changing the hosting and migrating to another hosting has been very simple for vanilla

• wa great

• edited October 2013

[Split] Hmm. Editing this took me from "'GDN' Not Found" to a "Bonk" error. Perhaps I've got some other problem going on here. Will inspect.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@DanielSchulzJackson said:
    Hmm. Editing this took me from "'GDN' Not Found" to a "Bonk" error. Perhaps I've got some other problem going on here. Will inspect.

are you just posting an interim statement, or do you expect a reply? Wouldn't you want to post bonk error info and then post your question with details. not sure where you are going or if you are asking something?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Jumped from "GDN Not Found" to a "Bonk" error. How can I get out of this? please help

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2014

@gohunter Please start a new discussion that includes your version number, the exact error messages, and what steps got you to this state (an upgrade? fresh install?). Paste this into your config to get the actual error message:

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

• @Lincoln‌; I actually moved the whole dev files from one machine to another machine and created localhost, that is where the problems came.

I then downloaded complete new vanilla and copied "conf" folder and replaced it with my old "conf" folder. Seems like it is working now...

• I had the "Gdn not found" error and tried all the above solutions but none of them worked for me. It turned out a problem with the port that vanilla was running on. It seems it only works on port 80. If you change it to anything else, the site returns the Gdn class error.

To validate my theory, I downloaded the latest version (2.1.11) and installed it on my local laptop. It loaded without issues (at http://localhost/vanilla). On my server however, I had apache listen on port 81 for vanilla because I had myBB (another forum I'm testing) listening on port 80. http://localhost:81/vanilla/ was always returning the Gdn error until I switched to listening on port 80.
    Hope this helps.

I still would like to know what is causing it to not work on a different port other than 80.

I would like to hear if anyone has an answer to this behavior.

Max

• computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New

When I moved from Windows/Wamp to the live server, I found that all the tables were different capitalisations. On Wamp, I have all lower case names, which was not acceptable on the live server. I am going through, changing the table names - for example, change gdn_permission to GDN_Permission - but mention this here in case someone else has the same issue.

• wptolikwptolik Auroville

I just cleaned cache ;)