Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

[Solved] Trying to customize login function - can't find the right one

jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Questions
Hello everyone,

What I ultimately want is to integrate a vanilla 2 forum with our SSO service (Atlassian Crowd). I've tried ProxyConnect but due to reasons that are too complex to get into right now I don't think it's going to work, so I've been looking into other options.

What I'm trying to do is simply "intercept" whatever function is being called when a user logs in and put in some of my own code, code I already know works and that will communicate with the SSO service and authenticate the user credentials before continuing with the login (it will also call InsertForBasic() if the user doesn't exist already).

However, I can't seem to find the function being called when a user logs in. With authentication set to Password in dashboard, I figured it would be Gdn_PasswordAuthenticator::Authenticate(), but that doesn't seem to be the case (changing the code, even deleting the code, doesn't seem to affect the login process). Can anyone help me find the right function?

Thanks!

Answers