Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Remove Activity from Profile page

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm trying to remove the Activity stream from my forum. I can see the merits, but the members just find it confusing with sending a private message. Some very personal and private messages have been sent in the activity stream...

I've managed to take it off from the main discussion page, but how do I remove it from the member profile pages please? I'm running the default theme.

Many thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Look in the source for this code:
    <div class="Tabs ProfileTabs"> and right below or close to it is the tab for activity.
    If you have linux you can look in the source with "grep" with windows you need an editor which can look through files.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    OK - thanks for this.

I'm having problems finding it though. Is it possible to list the file structure for the default theme where it may be please?

Many thanks
  • Options
    I'm going to rely on your thinking process a bit. It will probably be in the dashboard/design directory. The file name will most likely be style.css

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Grab this commit https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/747436011860d4f4fc99b3546f751b463547a480

and set ShowActivities to FALSE in your cofig.