Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Administrator doesn't receive email for new applicants???

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have no idea why this wouldn't be an option but I can't find anywhere to check a box to send me (admin) an email when someone apply's to become a member of my forum. This is a P1 to me bc I need to be on top of the forum.

Are there any plugins if this is something I am not missing and was not included in the base Vanilla forum?

Has the Vanilla community gone dead? Where are the moderators? Would really appreciate an answer :)

Is there anyone out there that can help me make this happen?
Tagged:

Answers

• I'm in the same situation. Would love to have an option to have applications automatically sent to me. Can this be done?
  • not having this has made my first forum experience a really frustrating one. I've been live for about two weeks and this is by far the biggest nuisance.

I am wondering if other open source forums can do this, and will look into it for my next forum for sure.
  • I also would love to see this implemented... +1 from me
  • See https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1270#issuecomment-3164615

@lincolnwebs said:

An option has already been added to email whenever a new member applies.

• Work around

Edit the file: vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php

Search for: new Gdn_Email()

You will find it in function SendWelcomeEmail() and SendEmailConfirmationEmail()

After the line: $Email = new Gdn_Email();

Add a new line like: $Email->Bcc('admin@example.com');

Make sure to replace 'admin@example.com' with YOUR administrator email address.

Save the file.

That's it, you will receive email for new applicant.