Please upgrade to 2.1.x here. The 2.0 branch is no longer being updated.
Current version is 2.1.11, released 12 June.

You sent you a message.

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 Help
When I send messages to people I get the following in my Activity feed

"You sent you a message."

Any one else experience this?

Answers

• Yes I've seen this for a while now. I think it's because the message is "to" you and whoever you are messaging.

You are adding a new comment to the message and since you get notifications of message changes that are "to" you, you see that you sent a message to you.

I think the wording could be touched up on it... or just omitted altogether. Create a bug report on their github repo! they are about to go into RC, so if it's an easy fix who knows... it might get in.

My addons: NillaBlog | Vanoogle

• LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit Vanilla Staff
    Yeah there's a bunch of bugs in the Activities bit and I think we're kind of holding off on dealing with it until we're ready to rethink more of it.

Sr Dev at Vanilla, humble servant of Lord Brackos, pro smatcher. Status: 209 Bacon. [GitHub, Twitter]

johnnyzen
  • I have upgraded to the latest version and still have privacy issues with activity feeds of all users being visible to everybody.... the only way i manage to switch it off is if i switch of profile view
    please help i'm losing users
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Consider yourself banned for writing the same question in different, unrelated threads @Paulmac.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi Todd
    A bit heavy handed tactic to deliver to a new user.. I was looking for a suitable thread to ask the question in but couldn't find one, i then found I was unable to ask the question as i didn't have the right permission... I dont understand you??
    You ban me @ 6.40 (a brand new user) on my 1st ever question to what i believe is a problem and then provide some answers to the question in an email at 6.52 ????
    CAN ACTIVITIES BE SWITCHED OFF PLEASE!
    I just need help with a techy question not a disciplinary - hopefully

Kind regards

Paulmac
  • By the way... Great product.

Thanks

Paulmac
  • TimTim Lord of Servers Vanilla Staff
    Nope, still banned.

Vanilla Forums Senior Developer [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

UnderDog
  • This is a pretty old thread, but if anyone still encounters this problem there's a pretty quick workaround. You can use str_replace around

echo $Title;

located directly under

<div class="ItemContent Activity">

in views/activity/helper_functions.php

For me, this bug only occurs when users send private messages to the admin, so using an example like:

<?php echo str_replace('You sent you', 'You sent <a href="/forums/profile/Waltz">Waltz</a>', $Title); ?>

(Waltz being the admin)

users see,
    'You sent Waltz a message.', instead of 'You sent you a message.'