Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"Sorry, no account could be found" on first attempt to sign in

ericcarlericcarl New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm working on a Vanilla forum (2.0.17.10) on a local dev server and I've just imported the dummy content provided by Vanilla. I've made the necessary adjustments to the user role permissions, but for some reason, no matter what kind of user, every first attempt to sign in throws this message:

"Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered."

The second sign in attempt will work fine. Any ideas about this?

One thing that is strange is that the check boxes for the user role permissions all display as unchecked, even though I have checked them and saved. The permissions ARE being applied to the users, but they are not displaying as checked in the Dashboard interface.

It's probably also worth noting that before importing the dummy content I was working with my own test content (making posts, categories and adding new users) and had zero problems. It wasn't until after importing the dummy content that things started acting weird.

Thanks for any help!
Tagged: