HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Sub-categories needed and how to Drag / Drop / Nest Categories*

edited October 2011 in Feedback
Hi,

I recently installed Vanilla and I was really happy with the outcome. The forum looks nice and is very, very easy to use. However, now I ran to this obvious problem of not having a possibility to do sub-categories. Having not able to do that really confuses me. I'm about to do a forum with many different discussion categories and having to sort everything under one roof is just a pain in the back. Since I know that there is a lot of talented and more experienced coders here, I would like to someone create a small plugin or application to enable sub-categories. Before that, my whole project is on ice. Since I'm inexperienced in coding, I'll leave it all to you.

Thanks for your efforts in reading this, hopefully someone will have enough interest to do one for me and the community. :)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The search kinda sucks, and doesn't look at tags.

For anyone else who is curious, you can drag categories around in the dashboard to re-order them, and by dragging them to the right you can nest them.

Answers

• edited October 2011
    Sorry for this silly question, thanks to my tags I solved this out my own.

Wonder why the search did not find those threads. :/
  • jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The search kinda sucks, and doesn't look at tags.

For anyone else who is curious, you can drag categories around in the dashboard to re-order them, and by dragging them to the right you can nest them.