Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Vanilla 2 Critique

edited October 2011 in Feedback
So, a forum I frequent just decided to go Vanilla 2. I'm pretty disappointed, not only because of the moderator's ham-fisted stupidity in dealing with suggestions and critique of the changes made to V2, but with some issues I've noticed in the forum software itself:
- Buttons for easy-insertion of videos, images, and links are gone. He insists that if you can't do it via HTML then you don't deserve to post anything but text, which aside from being beyond elitist and extremely arrogant, will alienate non-programmer types from the forum community by making it harder to post. Why would anyone eliminate something that makes a forum easier to use?
- The layout is god awful. There are several inches of wasted space on either side which creates a longer format, and there is even more empty space between sections of the forum itself. Less appears on screen at a time because everything is compressed to the middle. Fewer comments appear at a time, and fewer discussions appear at a time.
EDIT:
- Additionally, the login says that you need to type your e-mail as the login. Seeing as the forum doesn't use e-mail as a login, it confused some people. Took me a minute to figure out that we could still use the old login names. Is there a way to change that?
- The 'edit' feature seems to occasionally remove what was being typed instead of opening it in the window below.

Comments