Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CSS issue is causing major permission problems

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I recently installed Vanilla 2.0.18 and voting 1.1.1b, and I've run into a strange problem where users are haphazardly logged out when trying to update their profile or change password.

I figured out the problem: voting.css has a .Loading class which contains a reference to an image that doesn't exist. As far as I can tell, this .Loading class overrides one that is used by change password / edit profile, and when you hit one of those the image comes back with a 404. For some reason, this causes the permission wonkyness.

The fix is to remove the .Loading class from voting.css (or at least the image reference).

Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓
    Just re uploaded new version, and all now is good to go.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    the .Loading{background:url(images/progress.gif) center center no-repeat #fff;}
    you can just put a progress.gif image in plugins/voting/images/ and it will solve you problem. you can get this progress.gif from your theme images.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    We have had to delist voting plugin, keeps giving us bonks with latest version.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓
    Just re uploaded new version, and all now is good to go.