Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change width of page to fit AdSense banner

ChiprangChiprang New
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all, Can you please provide tips on how to change the width of the default forum page so that we can perfectly fit AdSense Banner 728x90 in the homepage. I think this can be done by reducing the gap between the two columns but how to do this.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answers

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I ended up making my own theme for this change, which modifies the base theme with the following css entries:
    #Body {
    width: 990px;
    }

#Content {
    width: 730px;
    }

body.Profile #Content {
    margin: 0 0 40px 10px;
    }

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    if you're modifying the default css in vanilla, try putting it at the bottom of the css file

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    CSS i would say. check the CSS you have used in your theme folder or check for style.css

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I ended up making my own theme for this change, which modifies the base theme with the following css entries:
    #Body {
    width: 990px;
    }

#Content {
    }

body.Profile #Content {
    margin: 0 0 40px 10px;
    }

• @ddumont, I tried your code and replace the entire line form 1322 to 1331. I got error message [object Object]. As Im a newbie here, can you tell me in Steps how and where to place this code?
  • ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    if you're modifying the default css in vanilla, try putting it at the bottom of the css file

• @ddumont, perfect. Thanks.
  • create your own theme don't edit the default css.

grep is your friend.