Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

When user registers .. they struggle

422422 Developer MVP
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
We spent an hour or so last night, testing new forums on our site before we launch. I know I have mentioned this issue before, but wanted your thoughts.

When a user registers , they are not notified that they need to check their email, so last night we watched as one of our staff , trawled through all posts after registering not being able to post .. then dawned on me she hadnt confirmed her account.

Guys this really needs to be addressed. It isnt immediately obvious what to do next after registration.

Further when a member does confirm their account, perhaps add a "Where would you like to go next" link on confirmation page, with a link back to Discussions or forum.

Thirdly, the Bonk page, we have obviously customized ours, with javascript back link. But I think perhaps this should be common on all bonk pages.

Anyhoo.. thats my questions asked

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I have a "you've" registered page in the works for sure and I agree with your sentiments. It's kind of an issue with the confirm email feature being put in more recently and so the ux needs to be smoothed out.

Just wondering though. When you need to confirm your email there is a message in the lower left hand of the page. I'm wondering if a) Your user noticed this, and b) Did you have any suggestions for wording to make that more clear.

If you can provide a screen shot of your bonk page that'd be appreciated.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Never seen a message bottom left , will test again.

Bonk page i will send thru screenshot when i get back to office.

Plus will reply more fully

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011

Sorry phones are going mad, be back soon. Happy to share our error_master.php page also , the Lizard is our company mascot please no one use ;)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Ahh got to the bottom of it, latest build you added the infrom set of classes !

ok we have it fixed now :)